Faulkner Performing Arts Center Prepares to Take Center Stage
Timeline: From Field House to Performing Arts Center
1935: The Board of Trustees approve a loan for the construction of a new Field House on the University of Arkansas campus.
1937: Field House is completed.
1954: Basketball team and athletics department move to newly constructed Barnhill Arena. Physical educations department moves into the Field House.
1992: The Field House is put on the National Register of Historic Places.
2013: Renovations begin on the Faulkner Performing Arts Center.
2015: Completion and dedication of the Faulkner Performing Arts Center.
Anticipation is building for the opening of the campus’s first major performing arts center.
Named after lead gift donors Jim and Joyce Faulkner of Little Rock, the Jim and Joyce Faulkner Performing Arts Center will be a significant milestone for the J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences, as well as the entire campus community.
The Faulkner Performing Arts Center will open its doors in fall 2015 and host 175-200 events annually. Conveniently located in the historic Field House, the facility will become a central stage for the entire community and will host all of the university’s ensembles and vocal groups, as well as guest artists and lecturers.
The University of Arkansas is dedicated to growing, strengthening and promoting the talent of our students and faculty through quality arts education. Dedicated undergraduate and graduate students, under the direction of an excellent faculty, are becoming highly accomplished musicians, visual artists, theatrical performers, directors, technicians and writers.
The university’s designation as an All-Steinway School provided clear evidence of its commitment to the pursuit of high instructional and performance standards. Particularly when it comes to our music and theatre departments, the path to even greater success is outlined by plans to provide this distinctive venue for performances showcasing the talents and skills of students and faculty members.
Despite nearing completion and its grand opening, donations can still be made in support of this impressive facility.
To inquire about giving opportunities or to initiate a gift, please contact the Fulbright College Office of Development and External Relations at (479) 575-3712 or firstname.lastname@example.org.